Friday, May 26, 2017

Crossed Bones (Tommy & Shayna) by S.W. Lauden

I never figured Tommy Ruzzo or Shayna would be making an appearance after Crosswise, but here they are in a tale that is even more offbeat than their first one.
Shayna is in New Orleans, running shady enterprises when she learns of a true treasure map.  Tommy Ruzzo, in Florida is still longing for Shayna and when manages to track her down just when she's in a lot of trouble.
This is one crazy novella, I tell you. Shayna flaunts her fake boobs, runs around with drugs and has sex with her employees, all pirate impersonators. Every character here can easily be in a Tarantino movie. In fact, I guess the wild and crazy, depraved and funny ride here would fit very well in one. The whole style is so breezy and full of adventure you never know what or who to expect on the next page. I guess that will turn a lot of people off, but I really enjoyed the unconventional style. I can recommend it to fans of Elmore Leonard and Tarantino!

No comments: