Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Free Fiction: Girl Gone Wild part 6 (A Lenny Parker serial) by Jochem Vandersteen

I'm pleased to offer the fans of my blog part six of a brand-new crime story that features roadie / PI Lenny Parker, a fat tattooed slob with a heart of gold. You can check out the fourth part here.

Girl Gone Wild part 6 (A Lenny Parker serial)
by Jochem Vandersteen


I play bass in a lousy metal band called the Necromantic Poets. We practice infrequently and not often and perform even less frequent. I always like hanging out with the guys, though. We jam in our vocalist’s garage.

Mikey Taylor, our vocalist is a good looking guy with long brown hair. Our guitarist is a wiry guy with a Mohawk, that’s what we call him as well. Our drummer is a lesbian chick called Casey. She wears her hair in a different color every week and sports more tattoos on her arms than I do.

We were trying out a new song called Leatherface Please Kill Bieber when I fucked up the bass line once again.

“What the fuck, Lenny?” Casey said. “Where’s your head at?”

“Sorry babe, it’s about this case I’ve been working on. Can’t get it out of my head.”

“Spill it,” Casey said an put down her sticks.

I told her about Melinda, Beck and her dad.

“That’s kids for you,” Casey said. “Don’t know what’s good for them. Used to be just like that.”

“Used to?” Mohawk said, retuning his guitar.

Casey threw a stick at him, which he barely avoided. “Shut up, fuckhead.”

“I just don’t know what to do. I mean, I’m not hired anymore. The kid doesn’t want me involved. Still, I can’t let it rest. I just can’t. It’s wrong and I should do something about it.”

“Why don’t you just go to the cops?” Mikey asked and threw me a can of Coors.

I caught the can and popped the tab. “I can’t prove anything. It will be my word against all the others.”

“Yeah, you’re right. Sucks.” Mikey opened up a can of beer for himself and drank it.

“Maybe I should make sure I’ve got the evidence to back up my accusations,” I said. “And you guys might be able to help me out with that…”

No comments: