Thursday, July 4, 2013

Free Fiction: The Baby Trade part 3 (A Summer Black Serial)

Here's the third chapter of my new free serial of hardboiled fiction, starring Summer Black, the woman the streetwalkers of LA call when they have no one else to turn to...

The Baby Trade part 3 (A Summer Black serial)
by Jochem Vandersteen
 
 
Back home in my apartment I traded my waitress uniform for a short leather skirt, red tank top and stiletto-heeled fuck-me shoes. I filled a sock with a roll of change that I put into a clutch. I applied way too much make-up to complete the look I’d sported for years, plying my trade on the Hollywood streets.
With that look I walked into the sleazy Hollywood bar Tina told me Donnie Brooks had turned into his office of sorts.
I spotted him at the bar, nursing a whiskey. He was easily identified by his expensive leather jacket and the amount of jewelry around his neck and fingers. He dressed the part of his job.
I sat down next to him. He glanced at me. I saw him go over my face, his eyes travelling down to my breasts. He smiled a dirty grin, gold teeth showing.
“Hi sugar, you want a drink?” he asked.
“Sure, Rusty Nail.”
“Coming up.” Brooks ordered my drink.
I took a sip after it was handed to me and told him in a breathy voice, “I hear you’re always looking for talent. You’re Donnie Brooks, right?”
“In the flesh, baby. You’re right. And you sure as hell look mighty talented, sugar.”” He put a hand on my knee. Part of me shuddered, another part of me wanted to break his fingers. The part of me that was buried deeper, the part that I used on all my johns, prevented me from screwing up my plan and just made me smile at him.
“Can I audition?”
“Audition?”
I brought my lips close to his ear and whispered, “Do you want me to suck your dick so I can show you what I can do?”
He almost choked on his drink. “Yeah, yeah sure. Sure baby. Whoo-hoo. You’re one hell of a girl, ain’t ya.”
“Oh yeah, I sure as hell am. Let’s go the john. I will take you all the way to heaven over there.”
I slid down the barstool. Brooks got down so fast you’d think his barstool was on fire. I exaggerated the way my hips moved, making him think I was just the sexiest, horniest woman alive. He was going to be mightily disappointed.
We entered the men’s room. His hands were on my ass as soon as we entered.
“Let’s get in here,” I said and opened a stall’s door. The asshole was already breathing heavily out of anticipation.
Inside the cramped stall I told him to drop his pants. Hurriedly he did. The moment his pants hit his shoes I had a hand on his balls. He smiled. A second later he screamed as I twisted his testicles around. To shut him up I hit him in the head with the coin-filled sock. Dazed he sat down on the dirty toilet floor.
“Huh? What the fuck?” He was barely conscious and trying to make sense of what had just happened.
I swung the sock around in front of his face. “I want to know where Charlene is.”
“Who?”
“Tina’s baby. Where is she?”
“Fuck that, I don’t know what you’re talking about, bitch.”
I hit him again with the sock. I heard his nose break. Blood trickled down his chin. He whimpered like a wounded animal.
I took off my shoe, bringing the stiletto heel close to his left eye. “I already broke your nose. Do you also want me to take out your eye?”
“Who the fuck are you?”
“That doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is the answer to my question.”
“Relax, relax. Fuck. Man my fucking nose hurts. Okay. I can’t tell you where the kid is. I don’t know.”
I brought the heel closer to his eye. “What do you mean? I know you took the baby.”
“Yeah, yeah. I did. But I sold her to this lawyer guy.”
“What? Which lawyer guy?”
“Let me think,” he said. It turned to be his idea of a distraction. His hand went inside his jacket pocket and came out with a knife.
I slapped the knife out of his hand with my shoe. I kneed him against the chin to punish him. I think he bit his tongue, blood started to seep out of his mouth.
“Don’t try anything cute like that anymore. Just tell me which lawyer.”
He had trouble speaking with his tongue and nose both hurt. I managed to understand he wanted to get a business card from his jacket and hoped I wasn’t going to hurt him before he got that out.
“If it’s not another knife coming out of your jacket you have nothing to worry about.”
Slowly his hand went inside his jacket. I was ready to pounce on him some more, but he was really holding a card in his hand when it came out of his jacket.
I took the card. Marcus Ecclestone, attorney at law, it said. “So let me get this straight. You fucking SOLD that kid to this guy?”
“He doth iwwegaw ado’tiuns. I needeth the munnie.”
“Illegal adoptions, huh? Well, I will have to visit this asshole then. You just stay away from Tina or I will really fuck you up, understand?”
Donny nodded. I told him goodnight and whacked him in the head with the sock again, hard enough for his lights to go out.
I walked out of the toilet stall, into the bar. The barkeeper saw me walk in and seemed to wait for Donny to follow. When he didn’t he just shrugged and decided to focus his attention on my legs all the way until they walked me out the door.
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED
 

No comments: