Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Free Fiction: Runaway Bride Part Seven (A Lenny Parker serial) by Jochem Vandersteen


Hired by a young man to find out why his fiancee ran away roadie / PI Lenny Parker finds her quickly and sees her drive away with a big black man who turns out to be a pimp called Larry Thunder. For earlier episodes click here.

SEVEN
 
 
Mikey had agreed to open the motel room door for Jill. Mikey is a good looking dude and probably the least crazy looking of Lenny’s band. More Jon Bon Jovi than Lemmy Kilminster or Ozzy Osbourne.
Thunder was standing behind Jill. She was dressed in knee-high boots, a denim short-short skirt and a tight top. She looked hot.
“Hello there,” Jill said as she got a look at Mikey.
Mikey ran a finger through his long brown hair and gave her his best smile. Odd that they the Nekromantic Poets didn’t have any groupies really.
“Pay first,” Thunder told Mikey and blocked his view of Jill like he was a bit jealous of how she looked at him. A jealous pimp? That must get difficult.
“Sure,” Mikey said and took a wad of cash from his jeans pocket. He counted the money for Thunder and handed it to him.
“Good. Be back in an hour. Treat her well or I kick your ass when I come to pick her up,” Thunder said.
Mikey spread his hands and gave him that smile of his. “I’ll be a perfect gentleman.”
“Very funny, wiseguy. Just remember what I said.” Then Thunder left and Jill entered.
“You’re a handsome one, baby…” she cooed as she came in, a hand brushing his cheek.
“You’re pretty hot stuff yourself. Have a seat. I had the bed made especially for you,” Mikey said.
Jill gave him a quizzical look but sat down on the bed. “So, how do you like it baby? Soft? Rough? Want me to be your momma or your baby?”
“Actually, he just wants some answers,” Lenny said and stepped out of the bathroom door together with Casey.
Mikey shrugged, an apologetic smile on his face. “Sorry, sugar.”
Jill jumped up from the bed. “What the fuck?”
“Relax,” Lenny said, a hand in the air. “We were hired by your fiancĂ©e, Thomas.”
She sighed, averting her eyes. “Shit…”
“He wants to know why you ran out on him and I figure he has a right to know,” Lenny said.
Jill dropped down on the bed. She covered her head with her hands, eyes to the floor, hair hanging down her face. “Just shit…”
“Come on,” Casey said. “It has to do with all of this, right?”
Another sigh. Long, containing months of stress. “Yeah… If you met Thomas you know the kind of catholic goody two-shoes he is. Before I met him I was working for Larry Thunder already. When I met Thomas I tried to quit that life. Larry wanted me back in his stable though, saying I was just too much of a money-maker to just let go. He threatened to tell Thomas what I used to do for a living if I didn’t work for him one more year. Only one more year and then he would let me go. I just couldn’t have him tell Thomas about my dark life. It would fucking crush him. So I decided, what’s one more year.”
“And after that? You were planning to return to Thomas?” Lenny asked.
She shrugged. “If he loves me as much as I think he does he would take me back without a second thought.”
“I guess you’re right,” Lenny had to admit. “But what were you planning to tell him? How were you going to explain your taking off like that?”
“Haven’t exactly come up with a plan for that yet, but I should be able to come up with something in a year.”
Lenny kneeled down beside Jill. “Listen, you’re right… He does love you. And I think he’ll take you back right now, even knowing about your other life. And I’m also pretty sure that knowledge won’t hurt him as much as a year without you.”
She pulled her hair. “Dammit! Maybe… I don’t know… Fuck it! I love him so much as well, but…”
Then there was a loud bang. The door flew open, Larry Thunder bursting in, brandishing his .44 Desert Eagle again.
Jill screamed. Mikey dove for cover and Casey just cursed. Lenny put up his hands.
“You stupid fucks. I noticed that damned Dodge Ram of yours parked behind the motel. Do you think I’m a moron? Who the hell are you assholes?”

No comments: