Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Silencer (Thorn) by James W. Hall


In this new Thorn novel James Hall takes a few chances, and they work out perfectly. Florida adventurer Thorn is rich these days. That's why his girlfriend Rusty is able to help the environment with him by donating a piece of land to the State. This altruistic attitude gets him kidnapped however. A large part of the novel finds the hero captured and helpless. This gets his supporting cast (Rusty and sidekick Sugarman)to shine, however. The relationships between these characters is examined and we learn some unsuspected background bits about them. Also, we're introduced to Frisco Hammond, a Miami cop who loves horses. A likable character he could carry a novel by himself so I won't be surprised if we see him return.
For me, the stars of this novel are the villains however: the MoJo brothers! Two very original bad guys who you will love to hate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I agree but I think the collection should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.